Sunday, September 9, 2012

Home Sweet Home (post 5)

After 5 days in the hospital we were finally home. The comfort of our own beds was a pleasure compared to the hospital beds we had been sleeping in for days. We were no longer awaken by the beeps and buzzes of the hospital machines. We couldn’t hear the voices of nurses doctors roaming about the unit. She was speeding through our hallways, walking up and down the stairs and laughing. The home was filled love and prayers. We were thankful for the ability to be together in the home we had spent the last 27 years together in.
The doctors appointments continued to role around. We got her radiation mask made, her heart checked out and her drugs organized for weeks. The doctors continued to cal and the visitors continued to come. Our lives began to reflect that of what it was the week before.
Dell, Pete and Rich were on top of the house; searching for ways to make it more accessible for her. Jenny and Roberta were cleaning, sorting and sanitizing the house. The love and support of those in our lives continued to remain evident.
Steve and Jenelle returned to work and on Thursday night I did as well. How blessed I feel to be supported by such an amazing school family and staff. I spent today with 22 amazing 2nd graders and am feeling blessed minute by minute.
Dr. Yoo called today and informed us of the pathology reports. The brain cancer is in fact GBM stage 4. We are thankful for whatever time we have left with such an amazing woman. We are hoping for a year, praying for the holidays and treasuring every moment that we still have. The journey will continue and so will this blog.
I’d like to say that I’ve returned all the phone calls on my cell phone, all the texts and e-mails I’ve received, but I can’t. Know that you are all loved and cared for. We are grateful for your constant support and are hoping that this blog will help you to understand all that has gone on. I will work hard to keep you updated on all that is going on and ask that you be patient with me as I try to inform all of you as to what is happening.

2 comments:

  1. Bethany and Family,

    I can't express how much sympathy I have for you and how much admiration I have for your strength. You are constantly in my prayers and I will continue to pray for strength for all of you. If there is anything along with prayers you need from me let me know.
    If you ever need to talk my number is 412-508-6083

    Love and Prayers,

    Holly M. Hesselschwardt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethy,

    I know we never get to talk or see each other, but I love you still! Blaze and I are praying for your mom and your whole family. You are so strong and brave, and I know God is with you <3

    Love,
    Sarah and Blaze

    ReplyDelete